Recipe - Broccoli and Tofu Stir Fry

 


Feeling peckish, but not hungry enough? This stir fry may just be perfect for such days!

I love my breakfasts and usually load up on a protein rich meal with lots of fruits and nuts. This usually keeps me full until the midday except maybe for a cup of coffee. But sometimes, if I have not been too active, I end up feeling not hungry enough for a proper lunch. And then I am left debating if I should skip lunch and ravenously binge on some unhealthy snacks at 4 pm or eat the lunch and regretfully wade around like a whale later. Well, what if there was a third option? 

On such days when I am not too hungry for lunch, I resort to some simple meals that help satiate my hunger but keep it light enough for me to get in my evening workouts. While I have a repertoire of dishes, one of my go to dishes is this Broccoli and Tofu stir fry. A three ingredient dish that comes together in 15 minutes and tastes so good, I am sure you will go in for seconds (totally missing the whole point of this dish but well, we live for such mistakes right?) What makes this dish perfect is that it is a good balance of protein and fiber that is a great combination to keep you full without compromising on nutrients. 

Some tips for the recipe

Tofu - This dish can be made using either tofu or paneer. For either of them, you can pan fry with a teaspoon of oil, bake in an oven at 400F for 15 minutes (flip them midway) or air fry them. If using tofu, firm tofu would suit better for the recipe.

Broccoli - When blanching the broccoli, I like to keep them a bit crisp so that they have a bite to them. Blanch in hot water for 1 minute and then run under cold water immediately to stop the broccoli from cooking further. 

Oil - I used olive oil but butter or any other oil would work well. 
 


Broccoli and Tofu Stir Fry - Recipe

  • Broccoli - 2 Heads – washed and branched into small florets
  • Tofu/ Paneer, 100 gm – cut into small cubes
  • Garlic 8-10 cloves – peeled and finely chopped 
  • Cooking oil - 2 Tea Spoons
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Boil water on a stove, add salt and then toss the small broccoli florets into it for 1 min. scoop out the florets into a strainer and run it under cold water.

Heat a pan on the stove and add the oil. Add the chopped garlic once the oil is hot. Fry till golden brown and add the boiled broccoli to it. Stir cook for 3-4 minutes. Once the broccoli is cooked set them aside in a bowl. Using the same pan add the remaining oil and once hot, add the tofu to it. Add salt and pepper according to taste and brown on all sides for 5-6 min. Once done, stir in the garlic and broccoli. Add more salt if needed and add the pepper. Serve immediately. 

Comments