Recipe - Homemade Mixed Nuts Granola


Hi everyone!

If you have been following my Instagram page, you know that I have been recently trying to get back into a healthier lifestyle - spanning nourishing and wholesome food, fitness and increased productivity towards personal goals. 

One of the areas I struggle with is my evening snack time - that is pre and post workout times. So I've been trying to meal prep some healthy snacks that I can instantly or with minimal further prep, eat before or after an intense workout. One of the things I have been eating before my workout is a fruit yogurt parfait. Filled with excellent sources of high protein, carbs and some healthy fats and anti oxidants, this snack is perfect to fuel your body in a healthy natural way (No protein shakes/bars needed). And one of the key ingredients for this parfait is this homemade mixed nut granola. I've been making this for the past few weeks now and I must say I am loving how versatile this snack is. I've even just ate it on its own when I craved for something sweet.

So here it goes guys! My recipe for this mixed nuts granola. Takes about 15-20 minutes to make and can be stored and consumed for 10-12 days. 



Ingredients:

2 cups traditional rolled oats 
1/2 or 3/4th cup mixed nuts - I used slivered almonds, Pecans and walnuts
2 tbsp Honey or maple syrup
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Vanilla extract
a pinch of salt if preferred
A large baking tray

Pre heat the oven to 350F or 180C for 4-5 min. Meanwhile, mix the oats and mixed nuts and spread them evenly onto the baking tray. Pop this tray into the pre heated oven for 8-10 min till the oats and nuts are crisp. Pull them out of the oven and then add the honey, olive oil and vanilla extract. Mix all the ingredients well and clump a few of them together. once again spread them evenly on the tray leaving a few clumps intact. Pop them back into the oven for 2-3 min. Let the granola cool to room temperature and then store it in a glass jar. Use it to top fruits and yogurts. 

Comments